Whitson Elementary has been identified as an Emerging School.
As part of Whitson Elementary's ongoing work in the area of school improvement, we are following the Seven Turnaround Principles. They include:
• Providing Strong Leadership
• Staff Evaluation and Professional Development
• Expanded Time for Student Learning and Teacher Collaboration
• Rigorous Aligned Instruction
• Use of Data for School Improvement
• Safety, Discipline and Social, Emotional and Physical Health
• Family and Community Engagement
For more detail, please see Seven Turnaround Principles.
Learn more using the updated linked documents below.