Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Ready Set Grad! Information about college admissions, FAFSA, career planning, etc.
- WASHINGTON STATE OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP- College scholarships, additional support and professional development opportunities for Washington students studying high-demand science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) and health care fields in-state.
A number of scholarships are available for students graduating from Columbia and proceeding on to further studies. The calendar below shows scholarships and other counseling related dates and deadlines. To see more information about any of the events shown, click on the title. To see events in a list format, click the "Agenda" tab at the right.
FINANCIAL AID INFO
FAFSA and FSA ID Tips for Parents:Here is a helpful YouTube video explaining step-by-step how to set up a FAFSA account.
$ for College~Ready Set Grad
Federal Student Aid
Direct Subsidized vs Unsubsidized
Financial Aid Presentation
Quick Reference CHS Scholarship Application Procedure
Title of scholarship
Due date of scholarship
Name of applicant
School name and address
Photograph of student
OPTIONAL: Quote, Border
- Typed application form (may print if neat and clear handwriting).
- Achievements (always fill this portion with achievements even though applicant is including their personal profile).
- WATCH OUT for due dates!
Student Essay, Statement, Letter or Parent Statement/Letter
- Always title the essay or statement.
- Write the essay, statement or letter following requested criteria of the scholarship application. Handwritten essay/letter may be requested.
- Double space with minimum 12-point type
- Type applicant’s name and sign at bottom of each essay, statement or letter. Parent statement should also be printed and signed.
- Parent Financial Statement/Letter signed by a parent.
Personal Profile, Summary of Qualifications or Resume SHOULD HAVE:
- Applicant’s address, phone number, email address
- Education: school, address, phone number of each high school attended (if applicable)
- GPA, rank, and SAT/ACT scores
- Offices & Leadership Positions
- Volunteer & Community Service
- Awards and Honors
Work Experience, Co-curricular Activities or College Courses
- Must have official seal of Columbia High School.
- Do not photo copy transcripts…must be originals.
- Order transcripts from CHS office 48 hours in advance.
Letter(s) of Recommendation and Evaluation Forms
- Applicant needs to request letters and evaluation forms at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Staple personal profile for letter writer/evaluator to refer to.
- Letters need to be written with the criteria requested by each scholarship. (Example: a community service scholarship should specifically address the applicant’s volunteer service).
- Awards, Honors, Athletic Letters, Scholar, etc
- Newspaper clippings should highlight the student.
- Reduce size of awards, letters, to fit several on one page